Empowering Indian health researchers with computational modelling tools
- Dr. Donald S. Burke, Dean, GSPH and Associate Vice Chancellor for Global Health, Health Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Dr. Clareann H. Bunker, Associate Professor Emerita, Department of Epidemiology, GSPH, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Dr. Saumyadipta Pyne, Scientific Director, PHDL, University of Pittsburgh.
- Dr. P. S. Reddy, Chairman, SHARE INDIA.
- Dr. Supriya Kumar, Department of Epidemiology, GSPH, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Prof. Ramanan Laxminarayan, Vice President Research and Policy, Public Health foundation of India, Hyderabad.
- Dr. Jammy Guru Rajesh, Associate Research Director, SHARE INDIA.
- Dr. Mohammed Raheel Sayeed, Research Scientist, SHARE INDIA.
Funding source: Fogarty International Center - NIH.
Amount: US $ 62,140 for three years (2015 to 201 8),
US $ 41,427 (2015-17), US $ 20,71 3 (2017-18)
Aims: Capacity building of public health professionals and researchers in India.
Objectives :To enhance evidence based, data driven decision making through innovations in information communication technology.
Status of the project
A training program was conducted in march 2019 on computational modeling techniques for undergraduates and post graduates of MIMS.